Born and raised in Manhattan in the world of musical theater, Renee spent her childhood studying at the Steps School of Dance. She moved to California and obtained her BA from Stanford University. She studied dance at the School of Humanities and Sciences along with history, anatomy and physiology. In LA, she danced under Maria Del Bagno and Cindera Che of the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
After moving back to start her family, she exhausted many fitness programs to rebuild her abdominals after multiple C-sections. It was only through her discovery of Classical Contrology in 2008 that she was able to restore her core strength. She joined the Center for Movement, received her 550 hour certification, and became a devoted believer in the method and its mind-body connection. In 2020 she was thrilled to assume ownership of the studio and its 20-plus-year tradition of excellence in Classical Pilates established by former owners, Elle Jardim and Donna Singer.
She is thankful to have found a career doing what she loves and sharing that love with people from all walks of life. She also keeps busy raising her 3 active children, one lazy bulldog and one hyper boxer in Scarsdale, New York.
Additional pilates/movement education includes:
- The bridge program at the Art of Control under 2nd generation teacher Simona Cipriani, a former student of Romana Kryzanowska.
- Ongoing workshops with 2nd generation teacher Blossom Leilani Crawford, former assistant to Kathy Grant at Nyu.
- Three seasons of Pilates at the Pillow sponsored by the Pilates source under Elaine Ewing and Sean Gallagher.
- 250-hour teacher certification at Yoga Haven of Westchester under owner/ founder Betsy Kase.
- An active member of the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA.)